14 May 1986
English and Zulu
Travel, reading, blogging and watching films.
Silindile has a passion for the empowerment of the youth, through education, and in her spare time she is involved in the mentoring of grade 11 and 12 learners who are interested in pursuing a career in law. She also has a passion for the personal development of young women and girls with the aim of empowering them to be able to reach their ultimate God-given potential. To invite Silindile for guest speaking engagements, aimed at young women and girls, there are various ways to reach out to her which can be found on her contact page.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- 2017 Mail & Guardian 200 Young South Africans – Justice & Law
Every year South Africa’s newspaper – the Mail & Guardian – selects 200 young South Africans whom are regarded as change-makers and future leaders in their respective industries. I was selected as part of the 2017 Mail & Guardian 200 Young South Africans under the 'Justice and Law' category.
- 2017 Mandela Washington Fellow
Selected as one (1) of one thousand (1000) participants/Fellows for the 2017 Mandela Washington Fellowship. The Mandela Washington Fellowship for Young African Leaders, created in 2014 by former US President Barack Obama, is the flagship program of the Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI) that empowers young people through academic coursework, leadership training, and networking. The Fellowship provides up to 1,000 outstanding young leaders from Sub-Saharan Africa with the opportunity to hone their skills at a U.S. college or university with support for professional development after they return home.
University Placement: Georgia State University (GSU), Atlanta, USA
Date of Fellowship: 16 June – 3 August 2017
- Recipient of a UCL-UCT Scholarship 2015 – For postgraduate study at the University College London (UCL) in London, England 2015-2016
- Certificate of Merit for the module ‘Income Tax’ at the University of KwaZulu Natal
- Received a Dean’s Commendation (Dean’s Merit List)
- Invited to be a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society (University of KwaZulu Natal – Howard College Chapter) – an international honour society for university students whose academic performance places them in the top 15% of students within their faculty at their university
- Dean’s Commendation (Dean’s Merit List)
- Selected as one of 12 students who participated in the summer vacation program at Bowman Gilfillan Attorneys in Cape Town, one of the leading corporate and commercial law firms in South Africa.
- Selected as one of 60 delegates – from universities across South Africa – to attend the Investec Young Women in Finance Conference (YWIF) 2007 held at the Investec Head Office in Johannesburg.
- Selected as one of 46 delegates – from universities across South Africa – to attend the Investec Winter School Program 2007 (Banking and Finance) held at the Investec Head Office in Johannesburg
- OPEN STUDIO, CAPE TOWN TV, aired on the DSTV Channel 263 at 17:000 (1 November 2017). Interviewed as part of a panel discussing the topic: ‘The Importance of Education for the Current Generation’
INTERFACE. SABC 3. 12 March 2017 at 21:30. I was invited to be a part of a panel discussion on the new “Twin Peaks Financial Sector Regulatory Reforms in South Africa”. On the panel discussion with me were representatives from the South African National Treasury and the Financial Services Board (FSB).